Do you wish to be part of a Youth international mobility association?
Place: Terrassa (Barcelona) – Dates: From 4st October 2019 to 31 July 2020 (10 months)
WHO WE ARE
La Víbria Intercultural it’s an association based in Terrassa, a city with 218.000 inhabitants and 40 min away from Barcelona, that works to promote interculturality and peace culture by doing activities of non-formal education.
Founded in 2003, we work with youngsters in different ways: on the one hand, some hours in the week we dedicate exclusively to give information to youngsters aged 13 to 35, in 4 different municipalities of Catalonia region, related to going abroad (to study, to do internships, to volunteer, to work…). On the other hand, we are very active on international activities, so we are hosting, coordinating and sending organization for ESC and moreover, we organize local and international projects related to interculturality and other topics that interests our youngsters.
La Víbria is also actively involved in supporting young people on their professional development by providing internships abroad.
WHAT KIND OF VOLUNTEERING DO WE OFFER?
We are searching for 2 ESC volunteers that give support in our daily tasks promoting mobility and organising local and international activities. So, that means:
– Promote volunteerism, European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+ opportunities: preparing talks in highschools and youth centers, share your experience…
– Provide information about international mobility to young people in the Youth Information Center
– Support the office team on administrative tasks, like searching and contacting partners, preparing documents, writing and answering mails
– Support the sending of participants to international projects: pre-departure preparation of volunteers and participants to youth exchanges; creating and writing projects, supporting the development of some of these projects and organizing actively at least one of the projects (Youth Exchange or Training Course).
– Being involved in the activities of La Víbria: local events, activities in the schools, activities related to interculturality.
– Help on the dinamisation of social networks of the organisation.
We are looking for someone that:
– Has knowledge about the Erasmus+ program (has been involved in similar organisation as a volunteer or as a youth worker or has partcipated in some Youth Exchange, Training Course)
– Has some skills on facilitation, youth dynamization and non-formal education
– Is creative and can participate in creating new ideas for activities that are beneficial for our association.
– Has at least medium level of Spanish
– Has a real interest in learning catalan (the daily work is in Catalan)
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- The possibility to be part of a dynamic team willing to share knowledge, and experience
- Catalan lessons during all the project
- Living in a flat in the center of Terrassa with other ESC volunteers.
- Pocket money and food money : 275€/month
- Some bikes are available for the use of the volunteers
WORKING PLACE: La Casa Baumann (Youth Information Office) – Av. Jacquard, 1. 08222, Terrassa
NUMBER OF HOURS: 30h/week. Most of the weeks the weekend is free, appart specific ocasions when we participate in faires, local activities or host international projects.
HOLIDAYS: The local national holidays, the same that the team do (Christmas, Easter…)
ACCOMMODATION: You’ll be living in a equiped flat with other ESC volunteers
If you are interested please send us your Motivation Letter as soon!
Please, don’t be afraid to ask whatever come to your mind. We’ll solve all your doubts!
If you want to discover how was the daily life of our last volunteers, take a look on their official journey. Gvantsa and Nataliia are the ones that have been volunteering in La Víbria Intercultural.